TITAN BY NORTACTM Platform
Providing management with near-real time visibility of their assets in the field represents a significant advance in risk management and command and control capability for organizations.
SCC Platform is an integrated Command, Control, Communications, Crisis Management and Information platform. It provides a single, simultaneous picture of operations shared across remote terminals in near-real time allowing security managers and operations staff to make faster and better informed decisions. The system allows you to track mobile assets (vehicles, maritime vessels, aircraft and personnel) and monitor static locations (residences and offices). It also provides a shared picture of your operational area on a single software platform.
In this respect, the SCC Platform system incorporates numerous features geared specifically towards security and crisis management.
The SCC Platform supports a wide range of advanced tracking and safety devices. This allows NORTAC Defence to tailor make packages that meet the individual requirements of our clients. The devices, each suited to different operational circumstances, transmit their GPS position and status to the SCC Platform using GSM, satellite or radio communications.
How it Works
NORTAC Defence has developed a sophisticated Message Handling System (MHS) and front end web application (SCC Platform) that supports multiple remote monitoring and tracking devices, and communicates with them over multiple wireless networks, both satellite and terrestrial. The high-throughput MHS extracts, interprets and reacts to the asset information from remote devices, providing active control and management of the operational assets. The tracking devices, or ‘remote terminals’, transmit position updates to the NORTAC Defence servers at pre-set intervals. Via a secure login, SCC Platform users are then able to view the exact location of devices in near-real time on a digital map interface.
As the solution is designed for risk management, messages sent between remote terminals and the SCC Platform interface may include other types of critical communication such as panic/distress signals, 2-way text messages, ‘situational awareness’ data, or commands to reconfigure the settings of devices. This enables organizations to quickly locate, account for and communicate with their remote employees & assets, and to have an informed ‘starting point’ for responding more effectively to incidents. When an asset alarm (panic, geofence, text message, speed etc.) is triggered on the SCC Platform, a number of actions occur to ensure key personnel are notified. On the SCC Platform web interface a pop-up identifies the asset and provides its location (10 figure Grid in MGRS and Lat/Long). The SCC Platform servers also automatically push e-mails and SMS notifications out to alert key people and provide asset and location details. The system incorporates inclusive and exclusive geofencing functions to detect a person or vehicle arriving at or leaving a location, crossing a waypoint, or deviating from a prescribed route.
Technical Specifications & Features
- Administrative Control – the client has total control and does not need to refer to NORTAC Defence for any administrative changes.
- Advanced Security – both in terms of the secure web protocols for data transfer and password encryption.
- System Reliability – unparalleled track record of system up time. The NORTAC Defence SCC Platform is written in a programming language that isolates errors and prevents system crashes.
- Multiple Communication Modes – the SCC Platform supports a wide range of hardware devices. They transmit their GPS position and status to the SCC Platform using GSM, satellite or radio communications.
- Information Layers – annotate assets and locations to ensure all information is immediately available in the event of a crisis.
- Messaging – integration of 2-way text messaging allowing the nature of incidents to be confirmed.
- Alarms – advanced alarm notification system allowing information about an alarming asset to immediately appear and pushing this information by SMS and e-mail to key personnel around the world.
- Geofencing – defined areas on the map screen that can be set to trigger an alarm in response to asset movement.
The NORTAC Defence SCC Platform is a web–based application and therefore can function on any computer with internet access. All major web browsers are supported.