The RockAIR is a truly global tracking and messaging device designed for use on the dashboard of light-aircraft, rotocraft and land-based vehicles. It has built-in GSM, which allows it to use terrestrial mobile phone networks when possible, automatically switching to the global Iridium satellite network when GSM is not available.
It has quick access to alert features using the front panel, along with a comprehensive set of tracking, messaging and M2M/IoT features. The unit comes with a quick release mount to enable carry-on installation in seconds.
How it Works
The RockAIR will wake up on a regular basis, obtain a position using the GPS satellite network, and then transmit that position back using either GSM or the Iridium satellite network. We visualize the positions on an easy-to-use web-based viewer, The Core.
The units can be used with the Rock Seven Core platform, or if you have your own platform then there is a full API (or for other VARs, message decoding via your own Iridium account).
The RockAIR also allows short messages (like SMS, social media updates and short emails) to be sent using a paired Bluetooth device (such as a smartphone) and the RockCONNECT App. This allows for full two-way communication wherever you are, even when out of mobile network range.
A full Bluetooth API is available to allow partners to write their own apps on iOS or Android platforms, to use the device as a method of sending custom data, as well as tracking information.
Technical Specifications & Features
- Powered By: 9-30v input, USB or integrated backup battery
- Built In Antenna: Yes (Iridium, GPS, GSM)
- Tracking Options: Various tracking options from 15 seconds to 24 hours.
- Alert Options: Standard Alert, Timer Alert, Temperature (high/low) Alert, External Power Loss, Geofence, Collision, VRotate, VStall.
- Transmits Using: Iridium and/or GSM
- Weight: 210 grams
- Size: 100mm x 119mm x 25mm
- Waterproofing: RockAIR is not Waterproof.
- Other Certifications: FCC & CE, DO-160G
- Ideal For: Carry-on installation on aircraft and rotorcraft, Fixed/Carry-on installation in land vehicles.
- Installation: via Quick Release Mounting clip
- Switch inputs and RS-232 M2M/IoT port
- Aviation: Light-aircraft and Rotocraft
- Land: Vehicles