BlueTraker® SSAS Arctic
World’s only SSAS terminal engineered for Arctic voyage! Cold start capable down to -50° Celsius!
The BlueTraker® SSAS Arctic terminal is a self-contained unit with pre-programmed tracking and security alerting functionalities. The unique double-shell housing with a ventilated layer between the two shells gives it an added protection against low temperatures and winds.
To survive severe Arctic conditions a distributed web of heating elements throughout the electronic circuitry keeps the terminal operational down to minus 50°C additionally, device can cold start from temperatures down from -50°C… All electronic and mechanical components specifically selected for low temperature operation! See the white paper on challenges of vessel tracking in sea area A4.
- Two security buttons to sound the alarm in case of an emergency situation.
- Pole to pole coverage through use of the Iridium Satellite network.
- Ability to withstand the harsh maritime conditions.
- Tracking and Alert MessagingIn addition to SOLAS security alert requirements, the BlueTraker SSAS device is capable of position data report transmissions for day-to-day tracking purposes. The ship’s position can be monitored on the service provider’s web tracking site.
- On board security alert systems are governed by various internationally agreed rules and regulations as promulgated by the IMO International Maritime Organization), as recommended by its’ associated sub – committees, principally the Maritime Safety Committee (MSC).
- To survive severe Arctic conditions a layer of heating elements throughout the electronic circuitry which keeps the terminal operational down to – 50°C.
- Smart Firmware provides safe thermostatic control enabling ‘Cold start Power-up’ at -50°C.
- Mounting accessories made from stainless steel (EN1.4571) capable of withstanding of mechanical stress and vibrations at -50°C.
- True global coverage
- Fully integrated design, easy to install
- Various mounting and installation options
- Low total lifecycle cost
- Easy integration with application software
- Provided web based GUI for device monitoring and configuration
Engineered for Cold Environment:
- Capable of surviving temperatures down to -50°C
- Double shell-ventilated housing combats accelerated cooling in windy environments
- Smart thermostatic temperature control for “Cold State Power-up”
- Special, arctic grade power supply cable
- Iridium Satellite network offering A4 Sea Area coverage
- Rugged outdoor housing
- Integrated GPS receiver
- Positions logged to internal memory
- Integrated backup battery
- Low-power mode for extended life on backup battery
Inherent Safety and Security:
- Mechanical, electrical and electromagnetic safety and security features
- Unique serial number engraved on the housing
- Tamper detection built-in
- Antenna blockage detection
- Security seals to prove unauthorized access
- Main cable open loop and short circuit detection
- External power failure tolerant due to back-up battery
- System diagnostics reports
Complete SSAS Solution:
- BlueTraker® ssas terminal ConBox ssas
- Primary and secondary alert buttons
- Mounting accessory (UniMount or RailMount)
- Includes main cable and alert cables (various lengths)
Benefits to Ship Owners:
- Web-based management platform
- Data service subscription available
- Web based fleet tracking application
Technical Specifications & Features
|External Power Supply||24V DC, 1A / Arctic version|
9V DC to 36V DC, 0.5A max
Protection:Power line disconnect above 36V
Withstands continuous connection to 180V DC source
|Safety||Internal self recovering poly fuse|
|Operating Temperature||-40°C to +85°C (without back-up battery or with external back up battery)|
-40°C to +60°C (with embedded back-up battery)
|Arctic Option||-50°C to +85°C  (without back-up battery or with external back up battery)|
-50°C to +60°C (with embedded back-up battery)
| Must not be powered up at temp. lower than -25°C except for BlueTraker ssas Arctic version.|
 According To MIL-STD-810G
 24V DC Power Supply required
|Storage||Temp. range: -40°C a 85°C;|
|Waterproof and Dust Protection||IP68 protection class (depth 6m, duration 30mins.)|
|Integrated Antennas||GPS, Iridium: 3dBi RHCP|
|Iridium Transceiver||Frequency range 1616MHz to 1626.5MHz; Maximum output power 33dBm (1,6 W)|
|GPS Receiver||32 channels, 1 sec. update rate, 1575.42MHz (L1 band)|
Accuracy: Position 5m CEP, Velocity 0.1m/sec, Time 300ns
Sensitivity: – 161dBm tracking
|Installation||External, mast, vertical rail, horizontal rail, flat vertical surface|
|Mounting Accessories||UniMount mouting bracket – included|
|Cable||Up to 100m included|
Free alert button cables up to 700m / tested
|Housing||Double-shell, white colour outer shell, resistant to UV sun radiation|
|Mechanical||Dimensions: 198 x 67 x 198mm (width x height x length)|
Weight: 1.19kg; 2kg with UniMount
|Shock Resistance||Multiple drop from 1.2m height to every side of the device|