Downloaded Accelerator Software End User License Agreement
Redistribution or Rental Not Permitted
These terms apply to the accelerator software downloaded to the end-user upon acceptance of this License Agreement (the "Product").
BY CLICKING THE ACCEPTANCE BUTTON OR INSTALLING OR USING THE PRODUCT, THE END-USER INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("LICENSEE") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT
AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE BUTTON INDICATING NON-ACCEPTANCE MUST BE SELECTED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
1. License Agreement. In this Agreement "Licensor" shall mean the third-party supplier and owner of the copyright in the Product that has granted the right and license to the Licensee pursuant to this Agreement.
2. Licensee Grant. Licensor grants Licensee a non-exclusive and non-transferable license to reproduce and use for personal or internal business purposes the executable code version of the Product, provided any copy must
contain all of the original proprietary notices. This license does not entitle Licensee to receive from the Licensor hard-copy documentation, technical support, telephone assistance or enhancements or updates to the Product. Licensee
may not customize the Product. Licensee may not redistribute the Product.
3. Restrictions. Except as otherwise expressly permitted in this Agreement, Licensee may not: (a) modify or create any derivative works of the Product or documentation, including translation or localization; (b) decompile,
disassemble, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Product (except to the extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction); (c) redistribute, encumber, sell, rent, lease, sub-license or
otherwise transfer rights to the Product; (d) remove or alter any trademark, logo, copyright or other proprietary notices, legends, symbols or labels in the Product; or (e) publish any results of benchmark tests run on the Product to a
third party without the Licensor's prior written consent.
4. Fees. The license fee for the Product is the fee charged by your supplier of the Product. Licensee is responsible for any and all taxes.
5. Termination. Without prejudice to any other rights, Licensor may terminate this Agreement if Licensee breaches any of its terms and conditions. On termination, Licensee shall destroy all copies of the Product.
6. Proprietary Rights. Title, ownership rights and intellectual property rights in the Product shall remain in the Licensor and/or its suppliers. Licensee acknowledges such ownership and intellectual property rights and will
not take any action to jeopardize, limit or interfere in any manner with the Licensor's or its suppliers' ownership of or rights with respect to the Product. The Product is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and
by international treaties. Title and related rights in the content accessed through the Product is the property of the applicable content owner and is protected by applicable law. The license granted under this Agreement gives Licensee
no rights to such content.
7. Disclaimer of Warranty. THE PRODUCT IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES THAT IT IS FREE OF DEFECTS, MERCHANTABLE, FIT FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGING. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE PRODUCT IS BORNE BY LICENSEE. SHOULD THE PRODUCT PROVE DEFECTIVE IN ANY RESPECT, LICENSEE AND NOT LICENSOR OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS ASSUMES THE
ENTIRE COST OF ANY SERVICE AND REPAIR. IN ADDITION, THE SECURITY MECHANISMS IMPLEMENTED BY THE PRODUCT HAVE INHERENT LIMITATIONS, AND LICENSEE MUST DETERMINE THAT THE PRODUCT SUFFICIENTLY MEETS ITS REQUIREMENTS. THIS DISCLAIMER OF
WARRANTY CONSTITUTES AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THIS AGREEMENT. NO USE OF THE PRODUCT IS AUTHORIZED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT EXCEPT UNDER THIS DISCLAIMER.
8. Limitation of Liability. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL LICENSOR OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE
USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY
THEREOF, AND REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY (CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) ON WHICH THE CLAIM IS BASED. IN ANY CASE, LICENSOR'S ENTIRE LIABILITY UNDER ANY PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT SHALL NOT EXCEED IN THE AGGREGATE THE SUM
OF THE FEES LICENSEE PAID FOR THIS LICENSE (IF ANY) AND FEES FOR SUPPORT OF THE PRODUCT RECEIVED BY THE LICENSOR UNDER A SEPARATE SUPPORT AGREEMENT (IF ANY), WITH THE EXCEPTION OF DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF
LICENSOR TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS THE LIMITATION OF DAMAGES IN SUCH CASES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT BE
APPLICABLE. THE LICENSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF CONTENT PROVIDED BY LICENSEE OR A THIRD PARTY THAT IS ACCESSED THROUGH THE PRODUCT AND/OR ANY MATERIAL LINKED THROUGH SUCH CONTENT.
9. Export Controls. The Product is subject to export control regulations in some countries and may require authorization before Licensee export it beyond Licensee's location or arranges for it to be re-exported from there.
Licensor cannot know all destinations, users, and transactions that Licensee may engage in and accordingly cannot be responsible for Licensee's export control compliance. Licensor agrees to provide any information Licensee may need to
comply with applicable export control laws, but it is Licensee's responsibility to do so. This obligation is independent of this Agreement and survives the termination of this Agreement. Licensee agrees to indemnify and hold Licensor
harmless from and against any liability (including fines or legal fees) incurred by Licensor with respect to any of Licensee's export or re-export activities. Nothing in this Section 9 grants rights in the Product not expressly granted
in other provisions of this Agreement.
10. High Risk Activities. The Product is not fault-tolerant and is not designed, manufactured or intended for use or resale as on-line control equipment in hazardous environments requiring fail-safe performance, such as in the
operation of nuclear facilities, aircraft navigation or communication systems, air traffic control, direct life support machines or weapons systems, in which the failure of the Product could lead directly to death, personal injury or
severe physical or environmental damage ("High Risk Activities"). Accordingly, Licensor and its suppliers specifically disclaim any express or implied warranty of fitness for High Risk Activities. Licensee agrees that Licensor and its
suppliers will not be liable for any claims or damages arising from the use of the Product in such applications.
11. Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties concerning the subject-matter hereof. This Agreement may be amended only by a written document signed by both parties. Except to the
extent applicable law, if any, requires otherwise, this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Ontario, excluding its conflict of law provisions. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, all disputes relating to this Agreement (excepting
any dispute relating to intellectual property rights) shall be subject to final and binding arbitration in the Province of Ontario, under the auspices of an arbitrator mutually agreed upon by the Licensee and the Licensor and failing
which a court appointed arbitrator, with the losing party paying all costs of arbitration. This Agreement shall not be governed by the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. If any provision in this
Agreement should be held illegal or unenforceable by a court having jurisdiction, such provision shall be modified to the extent necessary to render it enforceable without losing its intent, or severed from this Agreement if no such
modification is possible, and other provisions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect. Licensee acknowledges that it has consented to and requested that this Agreement be drawn up in the English language only. Nous
soussignés confirmons notre volonté que la présente convention, de même que tous les documents s'y rattachant, soient rédigés en anglais seulement. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach
thereof, in any one instance, shall not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. The provisions of this Agreement which require or contemplate performance after the expiration or termination of this Agreement shall
be enforceable notwithstanding said expiration or termination. Licensee may not assign or otherwise transfer by operation of law or otherwise this Agreement or any rights or obligations herein except in the case of a merger or the sale
of all or substantially all of Licensee's assets to another entity. This Agreement shall be binding on and shall enure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns. Neither party shall be in default or be
liable for any delay, failure in performance (excepting the obligation to pay) or interruption of service resulting directly or indirectly from any cause beyond its reasonable control. The relationship between Licensor and Licensee is
that of independent contractors and neither Licensee nor its agents shall have any authority to bind Licensor in any way. If any dispute arises under this Agreement, the prevailing party shall be reimbursed by the other party for any
and all legal fees and costs associated therewith. If any Licensor professional services are being provided, then such professional services are provided pursuant to the terms of a separate Professional Services Agreement between
Licensor and Licensee. The parties acknowledge that such services are acquired independently of the Product licensed hereunder, and that provision of such services is not essential to the functionality of such Product. The headings to
the sections of this Agreement are used for convenience only and shall have no substantive meaning. Licensor may use Licensee's name in any customer reference list or in any press release issued by Licensor regarding the licensing of
the Product and/or provide Licensee's name and the names of the Product licensed by Licensee to third parties.