The Test Your Satellite Phone program was established by Iridium to support first responders, emergency workers, government agencies and anyone else who might be in a life-threatening situation with communications you can count on, whenever you need them.
By following these quick steps, you can ensure the operational status of your satellite devices, and be better prepared for a sudden emergency.
Test Your Satellite Devices and Be Prepared
The ability to communicate is absolutely critical in an emergency and Iridium is pleased to be able to continue to offer satellite phone users the opportunity to test their satellite enabled devices free of charge. Be prepared by regular testing of your satellite devices to ensure they are functional when you need it most.
As a service to all satellite phone users, Iridium provides a dedicated test number to call and ensure your device is working properly at all times. To test,
- Turn on your phone.
- Call 1-480-752-5105*
- If your phone is working, you will hear a call completion confirmation message as well some quick tips on proper handset usage. If you discover that your phone is not operational, contact your Iridium service provider.
Test Your Satellite Phone Tips
Your satellite phone can be a critical lifeline in times of need. Regular testing can ensure your satellite-enable devices are ready for anything and keep you prepared for the unexpected.
As a service to all satellite phone users, Iridium provides you with the opportunity to test your satellite phone to ensure it is functioning properly. When an emergency situation arises, you need to be prepared. With regular testing, you can know that your satellite phone is ready to assist you when you need it most. Call 1-480-752-5105* now and get prepared.
Like, comment, or re-tweet about Test Your Satellite Phone on Facebook and Twitter, and receive more tips and reminders. Visit Iridium’s YouTube site for tutorial videos with step-by-step instructions on how to test and use your Iridium satellite phone.
*Calls from Iridium handsets will not be charged airtime.
- Go outside
- Turn on your phone
- Extend the antenna toward the sky
- Wait for the green LED network indicator
- Dial 00 + country code + phone number
- Press the green button to start your call
Tips to Stay Prepared
- Test your phone monthly
- Keep the battery charged
- Ensure SIM card is locked in place
- Protect your phone’s antenna
- Call in an unobstructed outdoor area
- Refer to your User Guide for proper use