The YB3i Tracker is a truly global tracking and messaging device designed for permanent use aboard marine vessels and land vehicles.
How it Works
The tracker will wake up on a regular basis, obtain a position using the GPS satellite network, and then transmit that position back to YB HQ using either GSM/GPRS or the Iridium satellite network. We visualize the positions on an easy-to-use web-based map for individuals (YBlog), or our fully featured fleet management system (The Core) for fleets of devices.
The YB3i also allows short messages (like SMS, social media updates and short emails) to be sent using a paired Bluetooth device (such as a smartphone) and the Messenger app. This allows for full two-way communication wherever you are, even when out of mobile network range.
The combination of GSM and Iridium provides a cost effective, and truly global, method of tracking and communicating with your assets wherever they may be.
The YB3i Tracker is a truly global tracking and messaging device designed for permanent use aboard marine vessels and land vehicles. It has an optional GSM unit, which allows it to use terrestrial mobile phone networks when possible, automatically switching to the global Iridium satellite network when GSM is not available.
Technical Specifications & Features
- Tracking from every 5 seconds, to every 12 hours
- Send/Receive short emails and SMS
- Small form factor, with multiple mounting options
- Can be covertly mounted/positioned
- Will run on 9-30v external power supply
- Backup internal battery, for up to 2 weeks use
- Over-the-air reconfiguration of key parameters
- Truly Global Operation, using the Iridium satellite network
- Least cost routing option using GSM where possible