Trident Sensors - TRIG
The waterproof TRIG tracking & data beacon transmits GPS positions from anywhere on the planet via Iridium. TRIG can be used for tracking personnel, ships, containers, buoys & drifters & features two way data messaging. TRIG is similar in size to a BlackBerry or iPhone and weighs under 250g. The device can be a handheld personnel tracker or may be fitted to vehicles, ships, moorings, containers – anything that needs to be tracked, with confidence, in near real time.
The device is waterproof to IP68 and features a strong aluminum base for unrivaled ruggedness.
The device operates in Green, Amber, Red Alert and Blue Response modes. Control can respond to Red Alerts, turning the status LED blue. This gives the user confidence that a Red Alert has been acted on by someone at Control. Reporting intervals for each mode may be set via Bluetooth or Iridium.
A standard report consists of date, time, position, course, speed, alert status, temperature, motion and battery status.
Class I Bluetooth enables users to connect Bluetooth Devices – such as Smartphones and laptops – to TRIG for two-way text messaging and data communications anywhere in the world. Multiple Bluetooth Devices can be connected to each TRIG.
The control panel on the device simply consists of an on/off button, alert button and status LED. All further information is displayed on the user’s Bluetooth Device.
The fully charged battery supports up to 1300 reports.
A charger and carry case for 20 TRIGs is available.
How it Works
Green Mode = Normal tracking mode (e.g. hourly reporting)
Press the alert button from Green Mode
Amber Mode = A hazardous situation (e.g. 5 minute reporting)
Press the alert button from Amber Mode or hold for 2 seconds from Green Mode
Red Alert Mode = Immediate assistance required (e.g. 1 minute reporting)
Blue Response Mode = User knows help is on the way (e.g. 3 minute reporting)
Technical Specifications & Features
- Truly Global Iridium Satellite Coverage
- High Resolution, Near Real-time GPS Tracking
- Messaging and M2M Data Communications
- Alert Function with Remote Acknowledgment
- Wireless Class I Bluetooth Interface
- Multiple Bluetooth Devices Can be Connected to Each TRIG
- Smartphone Applications Available
- Similar in Size to an iPhone or BlackBerry
- Rugged, Dustproof and Waterproof to IP68
- Anodized Aluminum and Polymer Housing
- Temperature, Battery Voltage and Motion Reported
- Secure, Live Internet Tracking
- Geo-fencing and AES256 Encryption Available
- Dimensions: 25 x 66 x 114 mm
- Battery: 3.6 V, 2.2 Ah Li-ion (up to 22Ah Packs Available)
- Transmissions: Up to 1300 per charge (With 360° View of Sky)
- Input Voltage: 9 to 30 V dc (Charging and External Power)
- Satellite Transceiver: Iridium 9602, 1616-1626.5 MHz (FCC, CE, IC Certification)
- GPS: SiRF Star III chipset, L1, TTFF 2/35 seconds (hot/cold)
- Bluetooth: Class I, up to 300m Range
- Operating Temperature: -20° to 60°C (Li-ion), -40° to 80°C (Alkaline/External)
- Certification & Testing: Iridium Approval, CE, IP68, MIL-STD 810F