Squid Mobile App
Squid Mobile is a free, powerful and yet the easiest and most comprehensive requester and viewer of Grib Files (weather files).
Now available for a large audience of sailors. It doesn’t matter if you are an occasional cruiser or a keen racer, if you are an off-shore solo navigator or coastal dinghy sailor. Squid has all the forecasts data you need, selected for their best possible accuracy, covering any region, any playground around the globe.
Squid Mobile App has been developed by GreatCircle. Chosen by the most demanding navigators since 2010, on board almost every sailing boat, while tempting and often succeeding, a world speed sailing record formalized by the WSSRC.
In 2015 Squid was the exclusive supplier of weather data for the Volvo Ocean Race, the Official Partner providing weather data for 300 boats during the Rolex Fastnet Race, participated in the Transpac and Atlantic and North-East Passage records… and still delivered daily thousands passionate sailors with high resolution forecasts and observations.
Technical Specifications & Features
- Models: GFS, ECMWF, HiRLAM, AROME, ARPEGE, GEM, GCWF, NAM …
- Multi model viewer to compare and analyze con – divergences
- Routing and way-point editor with : bearing Compass, database of major cruising and racing boat polars, roadbook reporting, cloud routing and multiple road comparisons.
- Up to 10 days forecasts by steps of 1 or 3 hours
- Direct grib download or as mail attachment for easy sharing and opening in other applications
- Multi-model meteograms for easy comparisons (MSLP and wind in V1)
- Customized views by color gradients, isolines, barbs and arrows.
- Combining both CPU and graphical processor for smooth animations
- Compatible iOS9
- Compatible with Iridium GO!®
- Wind, 10m, 925 Hpa, and gusts
- Cloud cover
- Relative humidity
- Currents, direction and force
- Sea state, swell, windwaves, height and direction
Our in-app purchases include auto-renewable subscriptions, the extensive list and prices are visible in the app. You can purchase subscriptions for 1 week, 3 months or 1 year.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Auto-renewing subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase