Latitude SkyNode S200-012 (Safety Services)
The Latitude SkyNode S200-012 is a robust Iridium based Satcom system that meets the requirements as a Long-Range Communications System (LRCS) for Air Traffic Services (ATS) safety services communication. Small in size and weight the S200-012 is built to the highest performance and toughest environmental standards in the industry, receiving approval by FAA, TCAA & EASA to TSO C-159b, and further meeting the requirements of FAA AC 20-150B and ICAO SVGM.
The Latitude SkyNode SATVOICE system provides aircraft operators with uninterrupted worldwide coverage and clear voice communications that is not subject to radio fading and interference typical of HF systems; thereby improving operator safety and convenience. Besides built-in ATC and AOC phone directories, the S200-012 supports all ARINC-739a type cockpit avionics controller displays, or Latitude’s standalone CDU RC6000/AS, to provide priority, pre-emption and precedence functions necessary for ATS safety voice operation.
The S200-012 is equipped to provide automated flight following to current ICAO specifications for Global Aeronautical Distress Safety Services (GADSS) flight tracking, as per European and Asian Civil Aviation requirements.
Technical Specifications & Features
The S200-012 is approved to TSO-C159b “Next Generation Satellite Systems (NGSS) equipment” recognized by Transport Canada, FAA and EASA. The S200-012 utilizes the Iridium® satellite network to provide global pole-to-pole coverage and meets the airworthiness fitment guidelines of AC 20-150B for SATVOICE equipment for Long Range Communication Systems (LRCS).
The Latitude SkyNode S200-012 is a robust Iridium based Satcom system that replaces the 2nd HF Radio for operators that require dual LRCS to meet operational requirements. The Latitude SkyNode SATVOICE system provides aircraft operators with uninterrupted worldwide coverage and clear voice communications that is not subject to radio fading and interference typical of HF systems; thereby improving operator safety and convenience.
The SATVOICE operational principals of Caller authentication, Priority and Pre-emption are important in today’s busy airspace and security environment. The SkyNode S200-012 SATVOICE system supports MCDU interfaces as well as a slim CDU dialer. The latter is ideal where space and weight is at a premium.
At just 1.8 lbs., the S200-012 interfaces to an aircraft’s communication system and supports dual MCDU interfaces, or Latitude’s own low-profile CDU dialer. The latter option is well suited to legacy aircraft without ARINC-739 MCDUs.
- Iridium voice calling to Airline Dispatch and /or Air Traffic Services (ATS) including Safety Services SATVOICE for Long Range Communication Systems (LRCS)
- Multiple Voice communication interface options
- Auxiliary GPS serial data output for moving map, electronic flight bag and 406 ELTS
- Automated event-based reporting including Weight on Wheels, and Out/Off/On/In messages
- Versatile mounting configurations
- Antenna options: Individual GPS and Iridium antenna or dual element GPS/Iridium antenna
- Bluetooth/WiFi capable for messaging with IOS and Android devices
Programming and Network
- Iridium Direct Internet 2.x, Dial-up, FTP, UDP, TCP/IP
- Iridium SBD, SMS Messaging, Email, and Fax
- Custom Event-based Actions
Electrical, Data, and RF Interfaces
- Power Input Voltage: 12-34 VDC
- Current: 0.5 A Nominal, @ 28 VDC 0.8 Max A During Transmit
- Serial Data Ports for Laptop/Messaging Terminal
- Bluetooth/Wi-Fi Capable for Messaging with Blackberry, Android and Other PDAs
- I/O Support for Remote Switches and Indicators
- ARINC-429 Receive Bus Interface (xx2 Models)
- RS-485 Serial Data Bus Interface (xx2 Models)
- 2-wire POTS Phone Interface (x2x Models)
- R6000/A Interface for Panel Mounted Messaging Satcom Dialing Applications (x1x Models)
- Antenna Options: Individual GPS and Iridium antenna or Dual Element GPS/Iridium Antenna
- Size: 11.50” x 3.81” x 2.75” (29.2 x 9.7 x 7.2 cm)
- Weight: 3.08 lbs (1400 g)
- Operating Temperature Range: -45º to +70º C
- Humidity: >95%
- Altitude: 50,000 ft
- DO-160E Env. Cat. B2-BAB[(SM)(U2F)]XXXXXXZBBXXXBXXXXX
- FAA, TCCA and EASA STCs Available for Over 900 Different Helicopters and Fixed-wing Aircraft
For more information on the SkyNode S200 or to place an order, please visit LatitudeTech.com