Latitude’s DL150 is a TSO-C159b-approved communications link that enables satellite connectivity for Future Air Navigation Systems (FANS 1/A+). Meeting AC20-140B requirements, the DL150 allows the capture and retransmission of satcom messages required for a FANS compliant FMS via ARINC 741 interface.
Supporting CPDLC, ADS-C, and ACARS satellite data link services, Latitude’s DL150 enables satellite connectivity for Future Air Navigation Systems (FANS 1/A+). Meeting AC20-140B requirements, the DL150 allows the capture and retransmission of satcom messages required for a FANS compliant FMS via ARINC 741 interfacing. Already scheduled into operation, ATCs will continue to limit busy and favorable routes to FANS-equipped aircraft approaching its 2020 implementation date.
The DL150 FANS Data Link unit is a lightweight multi-function Satellite Data Unit (SDU) that can be complemented with Latitude’s TSO’d single channel Air Traffic Safety (ATS) Safety Voice unit, the SkyNode S200-012. The DL150 is a design approved Next Generation Satellite Services System (NGSS) and is unique in that it can be configured as a fully independent flight tracking and event reporting device.
How it Works
FANS 1/A+ is a mandated global air traffic communications system used for transoceanic flight route optimization. The Data Link System is how the information is transmitted between a FANS-compliant aircraft and ground Earth stations. The latitude DL150 is the satellite data link between the aircraft’s Communication Management Unit (CMU) and provides connectivity to the ground Air Traffic Safety (ATS) network.
Technical Specifications & Features
- FANS1/A+ compliant
- Data link for ACARS, CPDLC and ADS-C messages
- ARINC 741
- ARINC 618
- Supports CMU/MU avionics
- Requires an external passive LGA Iridium antenna
- Optional automated flight event and tracking (GPS antenna required)
- Built-in 3-axis accelerometer
- Built-in GPS receiver
- Additional RS-232 serial ports and I/O
Approvals and Qualifications:
- DO-262B compliant
- DO-178C Level D
- DO-160G Env. Cat. [F1]XBAB[SM]XXXXXXZBBB[BC]SMXXXAX
- ARINC AQP
- SITA VAQ
- ATS services that support FANS 1/A+ equipped aircraft
- Small form factor, very lightweight
- NGSS Equipment Class Identifier: AES2-4/LBT
- Size: 6.8”x4.0”x1.2”
- Weight: 410 grams (0.90 lbs.)
- Power requirement: 28 VDC
- Operating Temperature: -45°C to + 70°C
- Operating Altitude: 55,000 ft.
- ARINC 429: 2 x Tx, 4 x Rx channel pairs
- RS232: 2x
- 2 discrete inputs, 3 outputs
- L1 GPS with SBAS