Ready to Meet the Demands of an IoT World
Rugged, Reliable and Cost-effective Asset Tracking and Fleet Management
Deliver more value to customers by leveraging your existing terrestrial-based IoT solution for fleet management, telematics, safety and other remote monitoring applications. Iridium Edge® is a cost-effective satellite IoT communications device that can be rapidly deployed and complements terrestrial-based solutions to create worldwide connectivity. Iridium provides global IoT coverage for the most remote and inaccessible areas of the world.
Rapidly Deployed IoT Solution
Fast time-to-market is a critical need in today’s evolving asset tracking and fleet management environment. Iridium Edge features an all-in-one Short Burst Data® modem and antenna, with power supply. The plug-and-play satellite IoT device can be easily paired with existing satellite and cellular solutions, without complicated integration or development requirements.
- Expand connectivity beyond cellular limits for 100 percent global IoT coverage
- Satellite add-on enabling dual-mode capability
- Hardware-ready device for simple, low-risk integration
- Low-cost device for affordable customer adoption
- Ready-to-install for quick time-to-market
- Robust power supply for industrial installations
- 180° line of sight for compromised locations
- Certified in key geographic markets
Benefits of Iridium's Low-Earth Orbit Network
Iridium Edge® inherits the many benefits of Iridium's Low-Earth Orbit (LEO) network.
- 100 percent truly global coverage from pole-to-pole
- Provides a stronger, more robust satellite signal compared to GEO constellations
- Shorter transmission path of LEO network results in lower latency and shorter registration time
- Greater flexibility in installation
- Improved line of sight over GEO systems in compromised locations or behind large obstructions
- Overlapping satellite coverage and crosslinks provide redundancy and increased reliability
Test Drive Iridium IoT
Are you wondering if satellite communications can offer the scalability and reliability that you need for business operations? Test drive Iridium IoT!
Purchase an Iridium Edge® Demo Kit today and see first-hand the value that Iridium Edge and the related Iridium services can deliver. The kit will allow you to quickly evaluate the simple and robust design of the product, while benefiting from the low latency that is enabled through Iridium’s Short Burst Data® service.
Login to access additional resources
Case Study highlighting Iridium Edge®
With reliable coverage anytime, anywhere, Iridium Edge® devices connect water tanks and pumps across the Vaca Muerta geological formation in the oil fields of Argentina’s Patagonia Desert.
Service Provider: Tesacom Group
Product: Iridium Edge®
Service: Iridium Short Burst Data®
P-Lock (PLK), a subset of RSI Group, is an Argentina-based company that develops and manufactures electronic seals for secure cargo tracking. Learn how PLK’s customers are able to garner real-time communication with their security equipment to ensure that cargo has not been tampered with.
Iridium Edge Declaration of Conformity According to ISO/IEC 17050-1 and EN 17050-1
Equipment Description: Iridium Edge 9680 (Integrated Iridium SBD Transceiver and Antenna Device)
Dated: May 22, 2019
REACH 201 Declaration for the Iridium Edge
Dated: June 03, 2020
RoHS Certificate for Iridium Edge.
RoHS Certificate of Compliance for Iridium Edg.
Updated June 03, 2020
Chart comparing the differences between the Iridium Edge Family's line of products, which include the Iridium Edge, Iridium Edge Pro and the Iridium Edge Solar.
Dated: March 31, 2021
Iridium's general subscriber equipment end of life policy.
Fact Sheet for Iridium Edge in English.
Dated: January 07, 2021
Fact Sheet for Iridium Edge in Portuguese.
Dated: January 07, 2021
Fact Sheet for Iridium Edge in Spanish.
Iridium's satellite subscriber service policy.
Quick installation Guide for the Iridium Edge.
User Manual for Iridium Edge.
Quick Installation Guide for Iridium Edge Demo Kit.
Datasheet detailing the specifications of the Iridium Edge
Video published on March 30th, 2018 covering Iridium's IoT connectivity features and ecosystem of service support.