ICG NxtMail Server - Aviation
The ICG NxtMail Server provides a local Wireless Access Point (WAP ) in the aircraft cabin permitting WiFi capable personal devices to access conventional Internet Protocol (IP)-based terrestrial services for the purpose of sending and receiving emails and mobile web browsing. The NxtMail Server provides global connections via a single inexpensive Iridium channel. In addition to acting as a WAP and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) server, the NxtMail Server efficiently and automatically manages link access to optimize “on-air” time and associated costs.
The Server has various interfaces that include: multiple serial ports, fax dial-up data interface, Ethernet, and USB. The NxtMail Server provides internal router functions and a HTTP server to permit access of up to 10 user devices, offering a truly wireless system for the aircraft cabin.
Multiple serial interfaces with port management, permit connections of several RS-232 devices without the risk of port contention, collisions or data corruption. Services such as Airshow, EFBs and cabin data ports can be simultaneously connected. WiFi capable user devices, such as BlackBerry® smartphones and iPhone™ mobile digital devices, are automatically assigned an IP address by the DHCP server to provide immediate access to the system without user intervention or set-up beyond what is required with any WiFi network.
The NxtMail Server is the ideal global email solution for any size aircraft cabin, and now offers email services to small to intermediate size aircraft where previous installations were prohibitively expensive or highly impractical.
Technical Specifications & Features
- Store and forward faxing via the Iridium network
- Configuration and control access via the Ethernet or WiFi port and a standard web browser
- Built-in routing functions
- IP addresses automatically assigned via DHCP
- WiFi via 802.11b provides access for up to 10 users to access system at one time
- LED indicators displaying port and system status
- Up to four (4) RS-232 subscriber ports and up to two (2) RS -232 network ports available for delivery of data traffic
- Allows multiple users to access the device via the WiFi port or an on-board Ethernet switch
- Permits a ground-to-air email to be delivered to, and printed by, the aircraft’s on-board fax machine
- Dimensions: (L x W x H): 12.23 in x 5.64 in. x 3.1 in. (31 cm x 14.3 cm x 7.9 cm)
- Weight: 3.2 lb,1.45 kg
- Prime Power: 28 VDC
- Power Consumption: 600 ma. Max.@ 28 VDC
- Serial Port Connectors: D-Sub DB-9
- Temperature: 0°C to +35°C
- Altitude: 15,000 feet
- Vibration: Tested To Category S
- Chassis Mounting: Flange Mount 4 Screws
- 28VDC Model PN: 370000-20
- Installation Kit: PN: 370016