TRIG is similar in size to a BlackBerry or iPhone and weighs under 250g. The device can be a handheld personnel tracker or may be fitted to vehicles, ships, moorings, containers – anything that needs to be tracked, with confidence, in near real time.
The device is waterproof to IP68 and features a strong aluminum base for unrivaled ruggedness.
The device operates in Green, Amber, Red Alert and Blue Response modes. Control can respond to Red Alerts, turning the status LED blue. This gives the user confidence that a Red Alert has been acted on by someone at Control. Reporting intervals for each mode may be set via Bluetooth or Iridium.
A standard report consists of date, time, position, course, speed, alert status, temperature, motion and battery status.
Class I Bluetooth enables users to connect Bluetooth Devices – such as Smartphones and laptops - to TRIG for two-way text messaging and data communications anywhere in the world. Multiple Bluetooth Devices can be connected to each TRIG.
The control panel on the device simply consists of an on/off button, alert button and status LED. All further information is displayed on the user’s Bluetooth Device.
The fully charged battery supports up to 1300 reports.
A charger and carry case for 20 TRIGs is available.
How it works
- TRIG receives accurate positions from GPS satellites. Bluetooth allows messages and data to be sent between TRIG and Bluetooth Devices such as Smartphones.
- TRIG transmits and receives Short Burst Data messages via the Iridium satellite constellation. GPS data and user alert status are sent as standard, plus any data TRIG has received via Bluetooth. AES256 encryption is available.
- Data is transferred between the Iridium gateway and the back office service provider to be forwarded to Control.
- Data is displayed at Control. Red alerts are acknowledged. Control can reprogram TRIG and send messages that are forwarded to the user via Bluetooth.
A Tracker & Alert Beacon
- Turn the device on
- Green Mode = normal tracking mode (e.g. hourly reporting)
- Press the alert button from Green Mode
- Amber Mode = a hazardous situation (e.g. 5 minute reporting)
- Press the alert button from Amber Mode or hold for 2 seconds from Green Mode
- Red Alert Mode = immediate assistance required (e.g. 1 minute reporting)
- Blue Response Mode = the user knows help is on the way (e.g. 3 minute reporting)
A Bluetooth Interface
In all alert modes, Bluetooth can be used to send and receive messages. At each reporting interval TRIG will send any data received from the user’s Bluetooth Device to Control and will send any data received from Control to the user. Up to 10 Bluetooth Devices may be paired with each TRIG and each device has a unique mailbox.