The EPSILON is a tracking and two-way communication device based on the Iridium 9602 transceiver. In addition to its tracking and alert transmission functions (alert button, motion and shock sensors), the EPSILON, allows sending and receiving free (or preset) text messages (using on screen keyboard and threee inches LCD color screen) and to report points of interest (POI). It can be used in extreme environments in almost all fields of application.
Epsilon device could either be powered from three primary lithium cells or three NiMH rechargeable batteries or an USB host port and an external high voltage source.
How it works
The EPSILON allows tracking function (recurrence adjustable by user):
- To send or receive free or preset text messages (from / to email address, GSM, …)
- To send Alert (button HELP, motion and shock sensors) messages
In Alert mode, EPSILON device, switch automatically to a higher recurrence. Use of “SEND” button allows going back to Normal mode:
- To record Point Of Interest (POI)
- To create zones (geofencing mode)
- To navigate to a waypoint (compass function)
EPSILON has been designed to work with an external antenna if needed.