Blue Sky Network - D1000A Flight Tracking Transceiver
The Blue Sky Network D1000A Iridium Satellite Flight Tracking and two-way messaging transceiver provides unprecedented satellite communications to and from aircraft globally.
It can connect to the ACH1000 Advanced Control Head, adding a voice connection, short code messaging and a display to the installation. The D1000A is designed for fixed or portable installation.
Take Control of Your Fleet Management
Whether you are managing fixed or rotor wing aircraft in San Diego or Sumatra, Blue Sky Network’s D1000A Iridium satellite communication kit provides visibility of your aircraft fleet’s movement. With the unique SkyRouter Web portal, you will always know if a flight is delayed, where it is going, and if it is somewhere it should not be.
The D1000A improves safety and efficiency in large fleet operations. Blue Sky Network equipment has been used in the field for emergency situations such as hard landings, landings on water, and even an emergency landing at the South Pole. In these circumstances the crew can push a mayday button that quickly sends a message to the SkyRouter portal and key email addresses and mobile phones. This feature has saved lives.
More Efficient Fleet Management
Our D1000A transceiver includes advanced flight planning tools and event notifications as well as Web-based and remote equipment configuration that will quickly help you realize improvements to your bottom line.
How it Works
The D1000A uses Iridium Short Burst Data (SBD) to simply and efficiently send and receive short messages. In addition, the device supports circuit connections for voice and modem connectivity. Messages are sent from the D1000A and received by the nearest Iridium satellite. From there, the Iridium satellite constellation uses the shortest path to transfer the message to the Iridium gateway where it is immediately sent to the SkyRouter Web Portal and displayed on your computer screen. It takes less than a minute for the message to travel from a device to SkyRouter, allowing for near real-time communications.
Technical Specifications & Features
- Complete Global Coverage
- Near Real-time Location Reporting
- Easy Access Through the SkyRouter online Web Portal
- Unlimited User Accounts for Accessing Flight Tracking (Co-workers, Management, Customers)
- Google Earth Integration
- Secure and Reliable Message Delivery
- Voice Option with ACH1000 Control Head
- Remote Management of all Device Settings
- Single Channel Antenna Feed for Iridium and GPS
- FAA/PMA Certified
- Control Unit with On/Off Switch, Ethernet Port and Mayday Alert Button
- LED Indicators: Message Waiting, GPS and Iridium Signal
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 5.3 in x 3.5 in x 12.5 in
- Weight: 6.1 lbs
- Laptop/PDA I/O: Ethernet (RJ-45)
- Buttons: Quick Position/Mayday
- On/Off Switch
- Power Requirements: 10 VDC – 30 VDC
- Nominal Current: <1A Continuous, <3A Peak (at 28 VDC)
- Operating Temperature Range: -20 to 60°C
- Iridium Frequency: L-Band 1610 MHz-1626 MHz
- GPS Frequency: L-Band 1575 MHz
- Data I/O: DB9 for ACH1000 Control Heads
- RS232 DB9 for Telemetry Data Retrieval
- Mini-DB9 for Firmware upgrades
- LED Indicators: On/Off, Signal Strength, Message Waiting
- Antenna Options: Single or Dual Channel GPS/Iridium Tuned, Fully TSO’d
- FAA Certification: DO-160D