Beam - DriveDOCK Extreme
The Iridium Extreme handset fits securely in the dock, which features USB and serial data connectivity, phone charging and integrated antenna, data and power connection making it possible to keep all antenna cables and power permanently connected to the DriveDOCK ready for use.
The DriveDOCK Extreme has an easy click to lock mechanism that can be inserted and removed with a press of a button. It is purposely built to allow you to utilize the SOS emergency button and the ear-piece jack whilst docked.
- All Types of Vehicles
- Trucks, Buses, Trains, Construction, Recreation
- Hands-free Voice Communications
- Integrated Voice Communications
- Fixed-site Applications
- Aircraft Integrated Communications
- Helicopter Integrated Communications
Technical Specifications & Features
DriveDOCK Extreme CRADLE
- Securely Holds Iridium Extreme Handset
- Robust Design and Construction
- Charges Iridium Extreme Handset Ready for Use
- Integrated Antenna Connection, Iridium & GPS
- Integrated USB Connectivity
- In-built Echo Cancelling
- Full Duplex Technology
- Superior Voice Quality
- Triggering of Quick GPS
- Interfaces to BEAM’s MyBuddy Extreme
- Option of additional wired alert buttons
- Interfaces to BEAM’s MyBuddy Extreme
- Supports Iridium Extreme SOS
- Bluetooth® in-built in Cradle
- Supports Bluetooth® Voice Connectivity
- In-built Ringer for Enhanced Ring Indication
Voice, Data, SMS, SBD
- Supports all Iridium Voice, Data, SMS & SBD Services
Privacy Handset (Optional)
- Supports Optional BEAM Privacy Handset
- Auto Answer When Taken Out of Cup
- Switches Between Handset and Hands-free Modes
Intelligent Handset (Optional)
- Supports Optional Intelligent Handset
- Supports 9 – 32V DC Power Input
- Flexible Installation via Universal Mount
- Antenna, Mic and Speaker Installed in a Convenient Location
- Professional Industrial Design
- 2-year Replacement Guarantee for Peace of Mind
- 100% Factory Tested
- Fully Certified, Iridium, RoHS, CE, AS/EN60950
- Rated Input: 9-32V DC, 2A Max
- Average Power Consumption: Current @ 12VDC, Watts
- Standby: 70mA 0.84W
- Transmit + Charging: 0.7A 8.4W
- Sleep Mode: 5mA 60mW
- External Speaker and Microphone: One horizontal 2-pin Microfit connector on the cable loom for speaker and one vertical 2-pin Microfit connector for microphone.
- Privacy Handset (Line In/Out): 4-pole 3.5mm audio jack at the bottom of the DriveDOCK cradle.
- Data Port (USB): USB Mini-B 5-pin female (USB Slave), USB 2.0 compliant, CDC Serial profile.
- Alarm (Alert) Loop, 1 input, 1 output: Alarm Mode – “Normally-Closed” Loop IN to OUT Up to 50m cable run/ multiple buttons in series, Brown wire is Input, Green wire is Output.
- Power Cable: 4-way Microfit socket. +Vin (Red wire), 0V (GND, Black wire), and ACC (On/Off Sense, Yellow wire). 9-32VDC tolerant. ACC sense: High(1) > +7Vdc Low (0) 0V < +5Vdc
- Horn Output / Audio System Mute: Blue wire on the cable loom. Open collector output can be interfaced to 12V or 24V DC with up to 120mA current sink capability.
- Operate Temp. Range*: DriveDOCK Extreme -30°C to +70°C
- Charging Temp. Range#: 0°C to 45°C
- Operating Humidity Range: < 85% RH Non-condensing
- Storage Temperature: -30°C to +85°C
- Weight: Cradle 0.48kg (1.1 lbs)
- EMC Compliance: EN301489-1/-20
- RoHS: Full compliant RoHS Directive EU 2002/95/EC (All 6 substances)
- WEEE: For EU countries, this product must be collected separately from household waste, as defined in each region. This product must not be discarded together with household waste.
- Flame Retardant: UL94.0
- Safety – SELV: AS/NZ 60950-1
* When Iridium Extreme Battery is fully charged
# Derived from the charging temperature range of the Iridium Extreme handset battery.
Bluetooth® Module (Internal)
- System: Bluetooth® 2.0v+EDR (Enhanced Data Rates), 802.11 coexistence.
- Profiles: HFP – Hands-Free Profile v.1.5 HFP-AG – Hands-Free Audio Gateway Profile v.1.5 & SPP – Serial Port Profile
- Power: Default = Class 2 (< 10 metres). 2.4GHz – 2.4835GHz Unlicensed ISM Band
- Antenna: Integrated chip antenna
- Regulatory: Bluetooth® identifier: B03005. CE 89/336/EEC – #EC/2006/20013C. FCC part 15 class B: DriveDOCK contains Transmitter Module FCC ID: QOQWT11. Canada: Cert# 5123A-BGTWT11E Japan: 07215089/AA/00
- Legal: The Bluetooth® word, mark and logos are owned by the Bluetooth® SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by BEAM Communications is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.